- Date :
- Sat/Sun 14th/15th May 2016
- Venue :
Dalby Forest, North Yorks Moors
British Cycling National XC Series
Nutcracker Racing are proud to promote round 3 of the 2016 British Cycling XC Series, which will be held at Dalby Forest on 14th & 15th May.
Class of Event
Elite Men and Elite Women – UCI Class 2 To be run under UCI Regulations. The UCI scale of penalties shall apply. Supporting events: U14/U16/Junior/Master Men/Women – BC National - To be run under BC Regulations
Prize List: Minimum prize values in the Elite Men’s and Elite Women’s races are determined by the UCI financial obligations, based upon a Euro exchange rate established by the UCI at the beginning of the year. Prize values for supporting events in accordance with BC recommendations. UCI Class 2 Minimum prize list
In accordance with the applicable UCI points scale for class 2 events: 1st – 30, 2nd – 20, 3rd – 15, 4th – 12, 5th – 10, 6th – 8, 7th – 6, 8th – 4, 9th – 2, 10th – 1.
Marquees at Adderstone Field adjacent to event arena. Rider sign-on, secretariat, accreditation, press, anti-doping.
Advance entry on-line via BC web site www.britishcycling.org.uk. Sign-On, distribution of number boards and technical zone passes at Race HQ.
Opening times: Saturday 11:00 – 17:30; Sunday 08:00 – 13:30
Registration for each race closes 1 hour prior to the scheduled race start time.
TimetableSaturday 14 May 2016
- 10:00 – 12:00 Course available for inspection
- 12:00 – 14:00 Official course practice with first aid and marshals in place.
- 14:30 Support Race: Open and Sport categories
- 16:00 – 18:00 Official course practice with first aid and marshals in place.
- 17:00 Team Managers Meeting, Race HQ.
- 07:45 – 08:45 Official course practice with first aid and marshals in place.
- 09:00 Race 1: Under 16 Categories
- 10:05 – 10:35 Official course practice with first aid and marshals in place.
- 10:15 Podium Presentation for Race 1
- 10:45 Race 2: Veteran Men’s Race (40-49, 50-59, 60+).
- 12:45 Podium Presentation for Race 2
- 13:00 Race 3: Elite Women’s Race
- 13:02 Race 3: Supporting Women’s categories at 1-2 minute intervals to facilitate clear course.
- 15:00 Podium Presentation for Race 3
- 15:15 Race 4: Elite Men’s Race
- 15:17 Race 4: Supporting Men’s categories at 1-2 minute intervals to facilitate clear course.
- 17:00 Podium Presentation for Race 4
Under 12 Racing
Our friends over at Richardsons Cycle Club are running a series of Go-Ride races and coaching sessions at the event for under 12s. This will take place on Saturday 14th May. Signing on is from 12pm at the tent adjacent to the main race HQ, with racing and coaching sessions running throughout the afternoon.
Camping is available on site, priced at £5 per pitch, per night. Unfortunately there are no showers available at this event. Please pay for camping at the signing on tent.
Dalby Forest is situated on the southern slopes of the North York Moors National Park. The southern part of the forest is divided by a number of valleys creating a 'Rigg and Dale' landscape. The venue has been used for two UCI Cross Country World Cups and three other events on the UCI calendar.
From North – Exit A1 at junction 50, take A61 towards Thirsk, then A170 direction Helmsley, Pickering, Scarborough. At Thornton-Le-Dale turn left and follow signs to Dalby Forest Visitor Centre. Arena is 5 km beyond the Centre.
From South – Exit A1 at junction 45 onto A64 direction York, Scarborough. At Malton take A169 to Pickering; turn right onto A170 then left at Thornton-Le-Dale and follow signs to Dalby Forest Visitor Centre. Arena is 5 km beyond the Centre.
North York Moors
The penultimate round of the Altura Nutcracker XC MTB Race Series takes place in Gandale, Catterick.Details
The final race of the series takes place in Richmond, North Yorkshire. At the Dales Bike Centre. The Hangover 'event' follows the days racing!Details
Round One of The Nutcracker XC MTB Race Series took place at Whinlatter Forest, Kewsick. Whinlatter forest is England's only true Mountain Forest!Details